Monday, February 29, 2016

What I learned from Tom Peters

For the second year in a row, Tom Peters has been a guest in my MBA class.

Tom's presence is an awe-inspiring experience for my students.  But, watching my Mentor connect with people is beyond inspirational for me.  Here is what I have learned from watching Tom in action.

10 Lessons for Teachers from Watching Tom Peters

1. When you look one person in the eyes, everyone feels the connection.

2. Audacity is good when you're passionate about things and people other than yourself.

3. Bias is OK, when you own it, and admit it might make you wrong.

4. Being clever is a device, not an end in itself.

5. Talk about things that matter to you.

6. Humility gives you access to everyone you meet.  Ego restricts access to the world around you.

7. Remember that most of the fancy things we say, our mothers already knew and probably told us.

8. Walk around the room to keep your thoughts moving.

9. It's not the content, it's the connections.

10. Be thankful for the opportunity to learn by sharing yourself with others.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Brilliant and universal! Thanks!! Each could be a chapter to a wonderful book...